Today was extremely difficult with me having had a translation job that literally ate up my entire day. That said, however short a post I have to write I thought I should write something now that 2019 is one week over.
- On free days (the likes of which the first days of 2019 were), I had absolutely no problem meeting my daily goals at all. Once I realized that my freelancing was going to be making an even BIGGER comeback shortly after the new year, I realized how I sometimes didn’t have enough time to manage putting in 50 Greenlandic sentences in a day. Daily goals are good if they are bit-sized, but sometimes things happen (whether that be illnesses or emergencies or suddenly finding yourself having to do something).
- So my first week of Tibetan didn’t go particularly well. I credit this to material not being “fun”. It occurred to me that given that I have material from Mango Languages and uTalk for Dzongkha but not (yet) for Tibetan, maybe I should pivot with devoting the first half of 2019 to Dzongkha (Bhutanese) and the second half to Tibetan. Already I’ve been seeing results and poised to be able to have my first conversation in Dzongkha. Even a “field trip” with plans is in the cards! (…to another neighborhood in New York City. Not to Bhutan. Sorry.)
- I figured that I should also adopt a “light version” of my goals on certain days.
With that in mind. Revised goals for January 2019:
- 30 minutes of Dzongkha study every day (thanks to MTA never working this is easy).
- 50 sentences of Greenlandic sentences into your Clozemaster Pro database (except for super-busy days).
- 10 sentences of Greenlandic sentences to be reviewed every day in Clozemaster Pro.
- 1 video of Dzongkha every day, no matter how long. Any level is good.
How are your goals going?